- - 8 eggs (I do half egg beaters, half whole eggs)
- - 1/2 cup skim milk or 1%
- - 2 sausage links (sliced 1/2 inch) or 5 slices turkey
- bacon (chopped into 1/2-inch pieces)
- - 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- - 2 clove garlics, chopped (1 is also fine)
- - 2 cups Kale
- - 1/2 onion diced
- - handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- - 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F. Get out a casserole dish that is 8x8" or around that size. Whisk together: eggs, milk, garlic, s & p. Add kale & tomatoes.
In a skillet, saute your diced onions with a touch of olive oil or Pam if saving calories. If you're using sausage put that in the same skillet with the onions. If using bacon, a good tip is to microwave the bacon making it crispy before putting it in the pan. I found that the bacon does not get crispy enough if cooked in the skillet.
Line the casserole dish with your onion & bacon/sausage and pour the egg mixture on top. In the photo below I added both bacon and sausage.
Once the egg mixture is poured over the meat, sprinkle the cheese on top. Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 40 minutes. When the egg turns golden brown you will have a breakfast that is all put together for those mornings when you might not be.